October 7, 2010

Thirsty? It's Kool-Aid Time

Why is it I cannot say Kool-Aid without yelling, "Hey Kids, I've got Kool-Aid?" Maybe it has to do with growing up in the '70s and '80s and all those Kool-Aid commercials where thirsty has only be defeated by Kool-Aid Man who's really a large glass pitcher. I've got to somewhat agree with Dane Cook's Kool-Aid remarks. (I had to go over to my friends' houses to get Kool-Aid. My mom didn't buy us Kool-Aid very often, but she did think Tang was fine, maybe because it was endorsed by astronauts, but I think they both had a lot of S U G A R.

Do they even advertise Kool-Aid anymore? With my limited TV watching I'm not too familiar with recent commercials, unless they're on during a sporting event. I'm so not Nielsen material and I cannot talk TV at all with my in-laws who know most of the season's lineups on most channels.

So our friend and neighbor, Mick Ratzlaff (who has a corn recipe for our project) reminds me that Kool-Aid was invented in Hastings, Neb. It's now owned by Kraft, but there's still a Kool-Aid exhibit at the Hastings Museum of Natural and Cultural History.



Here's a link for Playdough made with unsweetened Kool-Aid. It makes for great colors and a really nice scent.

And check this link for Midwest Living's recipe for Kool-Aid Angel Food Cake. I got concerned when I saw the four cups of powdered sugar, but that's mixed with either grenadine, maraschino cherry liquid or Kool-Aid for the frosting. Probably best NOT served with Kool-Aid to drink.

Tomorrow: Details on the proper way to top a Husker Burger and some stuff about trails.

2 comments:

  1. here's a kool-aid commercial that will likely be popular in the Poz household.

    (drink Kool Aid. buy the Machine.)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SsYVu1HkBA

    ReplyDelete
  2. ODSteps: I really like that Pete Rose commercial, and am darn sure Pete would have spiked his Kool-Aid.

    ReplyDelete